Observation on learning

Everyone can say that they are learning something, but only some people are able to capture the information. We can learn good thing just like the bad ones too. For example, last summer, my little cousin would get in trouble for the same reason. He would follow his sister and do the something she did. They would come home from school and play video games instead of doing their homework. Even though my aunt would ask them to stop playing games and start doing their homework they wouldn’t listen at all. Until my aunt lost patient and took their video games away for almost a month. So every time they came home from school, they had to do their homework, plus extra work like reading, writing or math. I have noticed that my little cousin would learn the bad habit of his sister in which they both got punished. After two weeks they got punished, their attitude had changed instead of being rude they were acting nice since my aunt started to be strict. They receive a positive punishment because their attitude became better and they got better grades on their report card.

Reference |

Who: My little cousins, my aunt

When: last year

Where: home

Yuseth Lopez Torres – group 2

One thought on “Observation on learning

1. This is certainly an example of positive punishment leading to positive outcomes (to use the word in two different senses). Be careful, though, how you describe what you observed here. It sounds like two different kinds of learning: One, social learning from imitating one another; the other, operant conditioning, from being punished for behavior deemed bad by an adult. It’s worth thinking about why these two different kinds of learning occurred – what is the motivation for the child for each kind of learning?