Cameron Merisier Group 8 observation on learning.

When: 5 years ago

Where: At home

My sister wasn’t performing well academically in school. She constantly brought home Cs and Ds. The reason why she wasn’t performing up to my mothers expectation is because she kept on hanging out with her friends instead of completing her homework assignments or studying. My mother eventually got tired about my sisters actions and she did something that my sister will learn from for the rest of her life. My mother took her phone for a month and she wasn’t allowed to go out with her friends either. her grades improving drastically. She felt a lot better and my mother was extremely proud, From that day, she learned that her friends could wait and school comes first.

One thought on “Cameron Merisier Group 8 observation on learning.

1. You have documented a learning process here nicely, but I am not clear that you have documented your sister having learned what you say she has. There are two possibilities here: She might have learned what you say – that homework is more important than spending time with friends; but she might have learned something else – that if she doesn’t do what you mother says she will be unhappy. What would you have to show to decide which it was she learned?
    Thanks for the reference.