Observation and Attention

A personal experience in which I have gone through where I lack Observation and attention was at work. I was in my supervisor office on her computer entering documents into a database system, where at the office she has two giant windows where you can clearly see right through them to whomever is passing in the hallway. While, I was on the computer my Clinical director and CEO of the company pass right by the office windows and wave through the window to my supervisor who was behind the computer of me. When I turn to my supervisor to ask her why she was waving she told me whom just pass by I didn’t see anyone pass by I said. Then, I realize was so focus on entering the data into the system that I was aware of what just happened right in front of my face.

Reference:

Who: Me and My Supervisor

When: August 30th

Where: In Brooklyn, on the 5th floor at a Non-Profit Organization.

One thought on “Observation and Attention

1. A good example, and thanks for providing the reference. Your presentation would be more striking if you told us more about what you were doing when the CEO walked by. It isn’t clear from what you say that the CEO passed through your line of sight, for instance, so it isn’t at first clear that you failed to register something that went past your own eyes.