COLORING YOUR ILLUSTRTATION FOR PACKAGING
- You can add color traditionally using watercolor, marker, colored pencil.
- Or you can add color digitally using photoshop or procreate to add color to your line art. Use whatever traditional or digital mediums you would like to use.
- If traditional, scan your final art, hi res at 300 dpi as a .tiff or .jpg.
Do 2 color studies for the final.
Choose your color palette .
- Limited (no more than 5, b&w)
- Personal or using a reference
DUE NEXT WEEK:
- Place both color studies in the packing template and save as .jpgs and post on Openlab.
- Decide which color palette is most successful and use that one for the ice cream container. Print out or cut out the final art from the packaging template. Remember to cut on the black trim line. Tape art to the actual ice cream container and photograph. If you illustrated the top piece of the container, photograph that as well. Photograph container on a blank background, preferably a white wall. Keep background from being distracting.
- Then place the art into the banner template file. Decide where you want the logo to go. Post on Openlab as well.
POST all art
Student Posts>Work in Progress> Week 5
Does the color convey emotion or give feeling to the piece? Why did you choose the colors? Label with your name and date and a description what color palettes you chose and why.