October 26, 2016
- Broad and Narrow Value Collages finished. See Project #3: Phase 2 Define for details.
- Create a new blog post called Value-Added Portraits: Phase 2.
- Add an image of your 2 collages. Don’t forget to caption them Broad Range and Narrow Range (high-key or low-key).
- Include the hours that you worked on this part of the project.
- Don’t forget to comment on at least 3 other student’s posts.
- Come prepared to work on Painting.
- white and black gouache paints
- sable-type watercolor brushes (do not buy brushes for acrylic or oil)
- FLAT: 1/2″ angle, #4
- ROUND: #1, #5
- two water containers (yogurt cups, soda bottles with tops cut off, soup cans)
- palette (round 10-well)
- cotton rags (old white t-shirts or scraps)
Show and Tell
- Anyone have any interesting design-related ideas, objects, or events to share?
- See Painting Demo in Class 14 for details
Work Time / Meetings with Professor
- Work on your paintings using the technique demonstrated.
- Discuss grades and any questions about coursework.
- Complete your Broad-Range Painting. NOTE: Do not glue! We will mount your finished collages and paintings in class together.
- If you have a laptop computer with Photoshop (any version), please bring it.
Materials TO ORDER or Pickup (don’t delay!):
- mini color wheel
- primary colors gouache set – Utrecht Designer Gouache (Recommended)
Set of 8 – Primaries includes:
- rose tyrien or primary magenta
- turquoise blue or primary cyan
- brilliant yellow or primary yellow
- flame red or primary red
- ultramarine blue or primary blue
Leave a Reply