Diary of a College Kid 2020 During Covid-19

Kenny Uruchima, English 1121 402

March 30-April 3, 2020

March 30, 2020- Astoria, Queens, New York City

Dear Diary,

10:00 AM

I just woke up from sleeping at 2am since I was on the phone talking, waking up to the smell of bacon and eggs in the air felt soooo amazing. Especially since we were on recalibration break. I think its good were having this because some faculty and students need all the resources they can get to proceed forward for this semester.

12:35 PM

I took a shower an hour ago and now I feel pretty fresh, Today is also my parents’ anniversary, making this year their 25thyear anniversary of being married. Someday I would like to be married for that long or even more. I help my brother too with his homework and it’s been a little annoying since has in 8th grade and I don’t really remember most of the work from before.

2:30 PM

Since I had a pretty big breakfast, I decided to make myself a PB&J sandwich since it’s been one of my favorites from grade school. I turned on the tv and I decided to watch this show that I’m currently into called Freaks & Geeks which came out in the year 2000. I don’t know why but it really caught my attention since it’s about a life of a high schooler and it’s from the past before I was even born too.

7:00 PM

After watching several episodes, I am like an addict to this show, even though there is only one season I’m really looking forward to it since it talks about life from the past but in a high schooler’s perspective. Now I’m going to eat fettucine alfredo which they sell at my Pizza & Pasta place across the street from my building.

9:25 PM

That food hit the spot, but I had to share it with my little brother, my parents didn’t really get anything because they don’t have any appetite since they have been feeling a little ill. I was a little sick too a week ago, but I got better pretty quick since my friend gave me an immune boost drink and a wellness shot

11:55 PM

It’s pretty late now and my parents are telling me to go to sleep since my father has trouble sleeping in the night, but I think I’m going to just stay in the living room watching tv while my little brother plays fortnite on his PC.

March 31, 2020- Astoria, Queens, New York City

9:15 AM

I just got up and brushed my teeth, I went to the living room and saw a plate filled with pound cake and hot chocolate, today I figured was going to be a lazy Tuesday since there was no class today, the day before or tomorrow so I just decided to kick it back and continue watching my show.

12:28 PM

I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and I’m just getting on the PS4 to play with some of my friends either GTA or FIFA.

3:00 PM

After playing for a couple of hours I got bored and I’m just laying down in bed scrolling through my phone on this app called Grailed where I shop some of my clothes that I think are cool and try to get it for a low price. I recently found these shoes I’ve been wanting for a while now and I got it just for $95 dollars shipped right to my house.

9:00 PM

I took a really long nap considering on how bored I’ve been at home, I’m not really a stay at home kind of guy because being outside something new always happens but I know because of the virus it isn’t safe for anyone to go out.

12:45 AM

I’m currently listening to music and doing some of my homework for my other classes online especially my labs and homework physics.

April 1, 2020- Astoria, Queens, New York City

10:25 AM

I woke up pretty late since the night before I was on the phone talking and I don’t really want to be up since today is April fool’s day. I know today is about jokes and laughing but it just sucks to see so many people struggling to survive and move forward. I know there is going to be a lot of memes on the internet, but I just hope people could actually take this virus into consideration and see what’s happening.

12:55 PM

I actually saw a meme of my old high school and it actually made me smile and laugh. I’ve seen a couple of things today that actually made me laugh while others were just being annoying and taking this coronavirus crisis as a joke. I know many people have said this already, but I actually miss going outside.

3:00 PM

Lunch was made and my parents are still ill so it wasn’t really the best but earlier this morning they went out to get checked up and get some medicine, I went with them to look after them and there was a line outside the doctor’s office, so many people waiting outside essential businesses and other stores closed due to COVID-19.

6:42 PM

I’ve just been watching tv and on SoundCloud adding some unreleased and songs I haven’t heard  to my playlist account which is what I really look forward to playing everywhere either in my ears or in the car when this quarantine ends, Also I have been watching my show and it just gets better and better.

9:00 PM

Well I just had some penne alla vodka which is one of my favorite’s and I think I’m going to sleep early tonight since I have class tomorrow and the break is finally over I’m looking forward to my three classes, I’m free Fridays too so I’m excited for my 3 day weekend.

April 2, 2020- Astoria, Queens, New York City

9:30 AM

So I woke up and I didn’t get a new email or announcement from my professor to join the cisco WebEx meeting group, since the code is supposed to be different every time we meet, I don’t think my professor forgot to update the class link but I really hope I didn’t miss class since I won’t have Pre-calculus for a while because of spring break.

11:30 AM

Well I just finished my Psychology class, and this was the class I was looking forward to since I know where to go for class, the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra group. Class went by pretty quick and there was homework as usual and I submitted it on time both parts so I can get the full credit for it.

3:00 PM

I was waiting for an email for my IND 1112 drawing class, but I didn’t receive anything, so I doubt we have class, so until then I’m just going to work on my work for English and psychology.

7:45 PM

Even though I was procrastinating I still got some of the work done while listening to some new music. I just hope tomorrow goes by smooth and nice since today I was a little worried in the morning but I’m looking forward to that break from April 8-10.

11:30 PM

I’ve just been talking on the phone and right now I’m going to make myself some milk with cereals, with a side of two eggos which are my favorite for the night. I think I’m just going to watch some tv like Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom.

April 3, 2020- Astoria, Queens, New York City

8:50 AM

I woke up early since my brother has class at 9 am so my parents have been feeling better and made a nice big breakfast for all of us, eggs with bacon and home fries which are my favorite especially when its homemade.

11:30 AM
It looks like 6ix9ine just got out of jail and I’m actually surprised because after all the trouble he went through he actually made it out. I remember my friend telling me that he has 10 million dollars waiting for him because a group called 10K Projects took him in and gave him a contract that he would be given the money for making two albums in English and Spanish.

3:00 PM

So today I decided to cook, and I wanted to make something I haven’t made in a long time which was steak with onion and tomato with rice on side and a nice bowl of salad. I know its kind of big for lunch, but this would mean that for dinner I can eat something light like fruits.

7:24 PM

It’s getting a little late and I finished most of my work and now I’m kind of bored maybe playing some video games will take the boredom out of me.

11:45 PM

After playing and watching my show I think I’m just going to be on the phone talking since that’s mostly the only thing I look forward too at the night.