I am very comfortable posting or writing in Facebook. I don’t feel restricted when i want to express myself passionately in Facebook, unlike in an academic writing, and I don’t have to worry about writing formally either. I know that I won’t be graded on my writings, which is also very relieving.

I think I do feel more comfortable than my grandpa about posting in Facebook. I have had a Facebook account for a long time and my grandpa doesn’t even know what Facebook is. Over the years, I have seen a lot of other people’s writings In Facebook, and have written quite a few posts myself.  Being in the internet every day also feeds me with a lot of content to talk about. My grandpa may capitalize all his words, post his same writing multiple times, beat around the bush too much and not be specific and straightforward. He may also lack the witty or funny style of writing that people prefer to read in the internet/Facebook. I think he would get angry about how disrespectful people are in the internet and just rage quit his account. But it is also true that there are a lot of older people who are very knowledgeable and experienced when it comes to composing a piece of writing in this genre.

I like “free-flow” writing and try not to strangle my thoughts with a strictly followed genre style. That’s why I have problems with writing traditional type essays, where it is required to do very specific things, like writing a thesis statement in the introduction, etc.

In the “Onion” my favorite title example was “Study: Dolphins not so intelligent on land. They are stating a very obvious thing in their “study”, which is sarcastic and funny.