I am comfortable to post things on Facebook or anywhere else. Although, I don’t do it often. I guess, I’m next level of introvert. People much older might have other difficulties with online posting. They are not exposed to social media at the same degree or at all. They don’t have as much connections to write to. They are less flexible in their habits. Speaking about habits, when they do post, they might use too formal language or sound like a written latter.

From  a few examples of titles in The Onion (a newspaper that was founded in 1988 at a college) the first one that made me smile were “I am under 18 clicked for the first time in history of Internet”.  Why? Because it’s close to the truth, for one thing, and “history of Internet” sounds peculiar for some reason.

On page 258, Dirk describes the rules we carry around in our head before we start writing in a particular genre. Some of the rules I carry around in my head are use shorter sentences; think of thesis first; thesis needs to be accompanied by three reasons. I struggle to write in logical manner. There is no shortage of ideas, but when I write it looks like I’m jumping from one to another. In reality, it’s hard to follow my logic, because I skip some steps assuming that it’s obvious. “Nothing is obvious” should be another rule in my head. The difficulty is all that omitting process happening unconscious in the background.