In these interesting experts “Backpacks vs. Briefcases” by Laura Carroll and “Teaching Rhetorical Analysis” by Nelson Gaff, the author tends to go over some interesting topics.  In the excerpt “Backpacks Vs. Briefcases”, the author is describing how the Rhetorical analysis has been around for so long and how society is so used to it, we often don’t realize how big of a deal it maybe.  I found myself understanding the “Backpacks Vs. Briefcases” more than “teaching Rhetorical analysis due to the fact Carroll actually puts an image in your head right off the bat you could automatically relate to. For example, when she mentions first impressions, that’s probably the best thing I could relate to due to the fact I am guilty of doing it. They go on to talk about how it mostly impacts mostly on students.  “Teaching Rhetorical Analysis” wasn’t bad, I believe it gave me a broad sense on what the topic really was and what age groups are mostly affected. Some words I came across that weren’t so glamorous was aberration, which is a state or condition markedly different from the norm.