Here is a quick overview, as a number of people were absent from class. This should give you a sense of our current discussion.

So:

As we discussed in class — My AI foray. A compare and contrast, in addition to the usual ethical dilemma discussions, between bots and their relative “merits.”

First: my friend, Greg, asked two AI bots about me. This is what he got. The first is from Microsoft, the second from Google.

Here is what Bing (Microsoft) AI has to say about me

Here is what BARD, Google’s newest AI says about me

Here are my videos on the above subject, in which I basically ask these bots to write an Op-Ed for one of my students on sneakerhead culture and inflation!

BARD (Google’s AI, not yet released as of today)…

And Microsoft’s Bing AI, currently available with their browser and a Microsoft account:

The Bing AI gives you leads to resources; the BARD’s language model is impressive/scary, depending how you look at it. Let’s continue to discuss this, and let’s craft a protocol for working with — or not working with — such research tools. I appreciate your participating in this new landscape.

Now, to change the subject (sort of)

Here is a really nice Op-Ed piece that recently ran in the NYTimes on, of all subjects, “walking.” So, just know that you don’t have to look too far for a topic.

Question: what is the author’s P.O.E. into this topic?? Answer: ______________ . [his own experience; he walked across Spain with his son.]