Hi Class. A document containing this information is also linked here: Eng 1101 Instructions for End of Term Finals Week. -Prof. S.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR END OF TERM  — Final Exam and Online Uploads for Unit I

FINALS WEEK

ENG 1101 361

PROF. SCHMERLER

What to expect for your final exam:

Your final exam will be a take-home exam consisting of a reading and prompt to which you will respond in essay form. You will receive the reading and prompt and instruction for how to complete the exam in a separate post.

Exam due date: No later than 2:20PM on May 20th.

Had you been in an actual classroom, your final exam would have been timed, and would have lasted 75 minutes.

This Online exam is not timed — but you are welcome to approach it as such: to sit down, as though you were in class, and complete the essay as though you were in the classroom final exam period that day (May 20th), which normally would have ended at 2:15PM.

Request of Submission of Unit I, Online:

Please submit to the Professor an electronic copy of the Literacy Narrative as well as of the UNIT I Reflection you handed in at the beginning of the term.

Please upload these electronic documents to OpenLab with the following nomenclature in the post: UNIT I_COPY_LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME. You may, of course, make your post “private.”

If you have the hard copy of these papers, you may photograph the pages and upload them – ideally as a pdf. If you have an electronic copy of these documents, please upload that. If you have neither, please speak up soon.

Note from the Professor: Units II and III were submitted completely Online. Having digital records of Unit I will be helpful to me and speed the submission of my final grades – and most importantly will lessen the amount of time I will need to spend on campus once I get security clearance to access my desk. The less time I spend outside, the better. Thank you. I appreciate it. -Prof. S.)

Date you will receive your grade for this course: Grades are due from all Professors on CUNYFirst on midnight, May 28. Here is the most recent news from the Provost on CUNY’s new grading policies during confinement.