ENGLISH 1101 OL40 with Prof. S.

Introduction

Zero and I

My name is Jessica Gomez, I preferred to be called Jessie. I am feeling appreciable this semester. This is my second semester and I honestly thought that the first semester was stressful and uncertain for me because this is my very first time back in school after not attending for many years. I also think it was very stressful due to the current pandemic. I was laid off in March by the dental office I worked for as a dental treatment coordinator and was afraid of starting school without any income. Last semester I did not qualify for financial aid and was mad, sad, and a bit discouraged about this and made me think about how the school system needs to change for the better for all students. Now I will face debt like most  Americans. This leads me to focus more on meditation, my health, my family, and my goals. I’ve realized that time does not stop and that I shouldn’t either. I took this course because is a prerequisite for my Hygiene program. The dental field is all I’ve known for almost 7 years now and I’m excited to continue with my career and not let my insecurities or situations I can’t control intervene in my ultimate goal of becoming a dental hygienist. I relish the fact that in this class we interact with each other differently than in my last semester’s virtual classes. Professor Schmerler’s class was very enjoyable and made me excited to learn how to articulate and write better. The picture you will see is of my little dog named Zero Kornelius and myself. Zero has been in my life for 5 years now and he is literarily like my child. He is very important to me because I met zero the same day my grandmother passed away, he helped me cope with the loss and brought happiness to my life also thought me how to become way more responsible, ever since then he has been my sweetest companion. Zeros birthday is February 7th, as always I will be baking a cake for him.

1. roczuel

Happy early birthday to Zero. What kind of cake will you be baking? I’m sorry for your loss, I also lost my grandmother I’m figuring out ways to cope myself while being there for my mother but I’m very happy you’ve found a loyal companion to have your back as well as teach you new responsibilities

• Jessica GP

Thank you Roczuel,
      I will be making ground meat with veggies cake for my little one. I would say be patient and always remember the good times you shared with grandma. Time heals the deepest wounds trust me.

• roczuel

Sounds delicious! You are correct time does.

2. Jose Antonio Rodriguez

Like i said before, i am glad to know that you are going for the DH program like me, perhaps we will meet at the Hygiene program. Happy Birthday to Zero, he looks like a such a good boy! i have a dog too! and yes, he is my little boy. Good luck with everything, hopefully we all get to meet one day when school opens again.