Our City Tech OpenLab Home

Anxieties Solution Captured In A Ball By: Oscar A.

(In a machine inside a Laundry-mat in Norwood, Wednesday 7pm)

I chose this image because I deal with a lot of anxiety and I found out that these existed for people who dealt with anxiety; I found this out the first year of High School because my teacher told me that there was a way for me to stay calm. I took this picture because I have wanted one for the longest, but there always seems to be something holding me back from obtaining one, sometimes it’s my parents telling me that its trash and plastic or sometimes it’s just not finding the one that I truly like. I continue to seek out the solution for my anxiety (caused by tests) and this was a reminder of how society wants everyone perfect even those who have anxiety and thus we are captured in a cage, just like the Fidget Spinners are held within a ball and a very high risk machine not allowing a person to reach what they believe is the solution to their problem. The abstractness of the colors captures one’s eye but there is always a wall which in this case was a glass pane and a plastic ball/plastic case (cage).

1. Joe

Oscar, I really like that you took a picture of something that could be memorable for anyone (with a childhood) looking at it. When you described the reason as to why you chose this picture I was incredibly moved and was able to deeply understand not only my perspective on the picture, but yours as well.