The rest of the semester looks like this:
Thursday, Dec 10: Peer Review of Essay 2 draft and Discussion
Tuesday, Dec 15: Essay 2 Due in Class (no late papers); Final Exam review
Thursday, Dec 17: Final Exam (last class)
As you continue to write and revise your essay, keep in mind these details:
- Make sure to accurately summarize the article you are using (briefly: one or two sentences).
- Make sure that your thesis is strong.
- Make sure to utilize key scenes and character interaction/dialogue to support your ideas.
- Make sure to select and highlight strong quotations. Don’t end your paragraphs with a quotation: comment on each one.
- Make sure to guide the reader, don’t assume that we readers can put it all together without your strong guidance; hold our hands and explain things. Present insights and breakthrough ideas.
- Consider a conclusion that goes beyond a summary of your thesis.
- Review the assignment details to make sure you are doing what is required.