Internship Week 7 Entry

I have found two creative apps for review for free for Andrioid: Desygner and Logopit Plus.

Desygner
This is a free app that allows you to design banners, posters, invitations, business cards and social media posts without the use of Photoshop or Illustrator, all from your computer, phone or tablet. They provide thousands of ready-made templates that use drag and drop images into and replace the text. You can customize with different backgrounds, stickers, fonts and filters. From the app you can search for royalty free images from Google or bring in your own images or images from social media. It allows you to invite your friends and teammates to co-edit your designs with you. You can share your designs online or download them as JPGs, PNG or print-ready PDFs.

I decided to make a business card for my cat. It had existing designs that you can use, as well as different templates or a blank card so you can design your own. There is flexibility, you can choose from a lot of backgrounds, any color on the RGB spectrum, you can add photos, search photos, move and resize them. Same with texts and fonts, but it has preloaded fonts. There’s no grid and it isn’t comfortable to do with your fingers but it shows you guides so you can align things. It’s kind of like Moo, but lower quality and on an app. Overall, this is a cool app for social media or for general non-designers who want to create something quick on their own.

Logopit Plus
This app isn’t as clear or straight-forward as Desygner. Basically, it’s supposed to let you create a logo, using either icons or images or both. It allows for many different media and has an extensive list of categories of icons. Icons are generic vectors, you can change color, size or fill with image. I’m not really sure what else you can do with it, I don’t think I would use it to make a logo. Not impressed.