Essay 5: Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge connects two great New York City boroughs: Manhattan and Brooklyn. A bridge where you can walk it, drive it, bike it, or just admire it. The Brooklyn Bridge is one of New York City’s most famous routes and beloved structures and known all over the world. Many people nowadays exercise and taking photos of the Brooklyn Bridge and this brings up an idea that Brooklyn Bridge is a place that is worth visiting and made easier for people to travel to places. Brooklyn bridge is a place that is worth visiting because when standing on the Brooklyn bridge, you see the beautiful views of others architectural, the city, and the Statue of Liberty. Brooklyn bridge not only can be used as a transportation, but it’s also a place where people can settle down to hang out. I had experience this walking tour to Brooklyn bridge when I was in elementary school, where I had trip to visiting the Brooklyn Bridge. During our class trip to the Brooklyn bridge, I seen many people walking and biking on the Brooklyn bridge. There were many people on the Brooklyn Bridge taking pictures, hanging out and people having conversation on the benches. It was a great experience for me to walk on the Brooklyn Bridge. The elegant high arches cables and diagonal stays made the bridge very lovely. It has gone from being viewed as powerful and massive to being as beautiful and loved for its elegant design. Today it blends into the city , but adds to the beauty of the New York skyline. There are many history in the Brooklyn bridge. This Bridge was designed by the Prussian- born John Roebling but he died before construction began in 1867, his son continued the project until it was completed and it took 14 years to complete. It was the longest suspension bridge in the world with a span that reached 1,596 feet.  Even though this bridge is the longest bridge, people like walking across the bridge because they like the feeling of it and takes about 20 minute cross the bridge. Many people take photo at the Brooklyn Bridge because people like the background and the view is wonderful, especially the lighting. Therefore, even though the Brooklyn bridge is not no longer the dominant of New York. The people that had never been there before , I strongly encourage them to experience it because the views there are incredible and the texture of the bridge are really amazing. To get the feeling of what I’m talking about,  people really need to go there to visit the Brooklyn Bridge in order to understand my point.

This entry was posted in Brooklyn Tour. Bookmark the permalink.