The Printing Press

Took a trip to the printing press (HAIG Graphics) our in Wyandanch, Long Island with my boss yesterday. I had no idea how much work actually went into printing. We had a worked on a brochure for one of our clients for the last couple of weeks and sent it out to get it printed. It was already behind in scheduling so we needed them ASAP. I stayed in contact with the printer before I met them through email for the last couple of weeks because there was some issues with the colors used in the InDesign document. My boss and I worked sometimes the whole day on this one brochure but the end design looked great. Unfortunately, there was still an issue with the printing (but we believe it wasn’t our fault.) We wanted to add a varnish to some of the images on the brochure but for some reason, they were coming out smaller than the image below it. My boss and I decided to go visit HAIG and see what the matter was. They explained to us the situation and we left with a better understanding. They told us it would be done by Friday. Can’t wait to see the end result!