Project #5 First Draft

“You never know what you have until it’s gone”. This quote represents exactly how I feel about this semester coming to an end. It went by much faster than I had expected, and I am quite sad to know that I most likely won’t have the same professors for any one of my future classes.

This semester I have learned so much about writing, college life, and even myself as a person. Doing the projects for this class made me love writing even more because when you write about yourself it doesn’t just reflect who you are as a writer, but also as a person. Seeing my essays and posts have helped me see myself from a different point of view, my “glows and grows”, which is another term for my strengths and weaknesses. As much as I love to write, I never really had the chance to see myself from another perspective until Project #2. When we had the ability to choose the questions and do the interviews, it was something rather strange to me at first as I had never done an assignment as such before. However, when I began reading my classmates’ interviews, I got inspired, which actually never happened before. I’m so used to doing my own thing and being a perfectionist, but writing has helped me change that.

As a college student, writing helped me realize that it’s okay to gain inspiration from others, even if they’re your peers. Everyone at some point during their lives do something because they got inspired by someone else. From the words of Pablo Picasso, “Good artists copy. Great artists steal”.