Pattern Mash up

discover            These were my beginning designs when I was listening to “on the  road” by post malone

Define
These are the final designs I chose for my mash up , but at the end I had to go with only 3.”On the road” by Post Malone. It was a mix of swirling lines and static ones expressing the the tune. I also made pencil rubbings of some textures that were in my household that gave a resemblance to the song.song

Develop
My final product , was three designs swirling and staticky combined with some wavy ones.this expressed for me the melody of the song and some beats that would go smooth and then drop quickly at times, at the end having that pattern. This project taught me that sound can be translated onto paper.

2 thoughts on “Pattern Mash up”

1. Hey Joel! I like your design, it’s one of my favorites. I like how I can follow the design throughout the page, starting with the darker sketches that lead to the lighter ones. If I were you, I would use a heavier line weight on the designs that are lighter. I think that would make it look much better.