Project #2 Completed draft

Nathaniel Thomas is an African American student who is studying communication design at NY City tech. He grew up in Brooklyn with his parents and younger siblings. In his free time, Nathaniel likes to play video games and draw. He mainly draws regular 2D figures or whatver he’s in the mood to draw. Looking to learn something new and improve his skills, he enrolled at NY City Tech and is studying communication design. He’s currently learning how to do one/two point perspective, doing inked drawings and different types of patterns. He will learn more along the way

My Avatar

My avatar is the letter N with a different font and a colorful design. I chose this because it represents me and the type of art I like looking at, nice and colorful art. The way this is designed makes the colors pop out. The avatar has all types of different colors such as purple, pink, green red, blue and more

Question #1-Do you prefer working by yourself or in a group environment?

I prefer working by myself but if I have to do a group a project, I don’t mind. Working by myself is better because I get to see what I have to do and I can concentrate on doing the whole thing rather than just one part. For a group project, sometimes it might be hard seeing what everyone else is working on. Also, I think if the whole group keeps in check, we might be able to do the whole project and get a good grade on it.

Question #2- Where do you think the future of design will take you?

I’m actually not sure where the future of design will take me. It depends on what my strengths and weaknesses are and what I like to do the most. So far, my strengths are just being a decent drawer. There’s still so much for me to learn in the world of art. I could become a painter even though I never really painted before, or someone who likes to make sculptures. In the end, it all depends on my strengths and weaknesses and what I like to do the most. Right now, I just prefer doing normal drawings so maybe I might be someone who just likes to draw, who knows.

Question#3- What is your motivation in design/to be a design student?

My motivation in design and being a design student is searching up or scrolling through social media and seeing a great looking drawing. All these drawings that we see online is because someone made them. I want to be able to say I made some of these drawings. Another thing that motivates me is watching cartoons. Cartoons like spongebob, rick and morty, family guy and more all exist because someone or a group of people worked together to make it. I want to be able to do something like that too

Question#4- How do you intend to grow as a designer with this program?

I intend to grow by improving my drawing skills and learning to do different styles such as 3D drawings one and two point perspective, inked drawings, sculptures or anything else. Also, I want to learn what I like the most and what I’m really good at. As long as I’m improving, then that’s good.

1 thought on “Project #2 Completed draft”