Project #2 Draft

My avatar is a baby picture of me.  This baby picture is after one of my birthday. I don’t remember which one it was either after my first or after my second.  In this picture I am wearing an old white dress  and an all white hat.  The hat I am wearing is so big that it is covering all of my hair. There is a red background behind me with white polka dots. This picture appears that I’m very happy smiling with only like six teeth in my mouth, four on top and two on the bottom.

Question: who is your role model in design

Answer: My role model in design is no other than Mr. Andy Warhol himself. I fell in love with his work when I was in 6th grade as a way to express myself without using my words. I always loved the way he made pop art and used it to express himself though things you would never imagine like a banana. I also love his sneaker collaboration with converse, which also happens to be my favorite sneaker brand because they allows you to create your own ideas on your sneakers. I believe that Andy will continue to inspire people just like me by allowing us to use unique items to express ourselves.

andy
banana pop art

Question: what catches your eye when looking at other people’s work?

Answer: Something that catches my eye when I am looking at other people’s designs and artwork is the certain colors and shapes they use. In my opinion when it comes to shapes a good artist knows how to make it work for them while a great artist makes you look and the shapes in a different way that you never thought of looking at it before. It’s basically the same thing when it comes to colors. A good artist knows how to use colors that match while a great artist knows how to blend them and make them flow together in one masterpiece

Question: do you prefer working by yourself or in a group environment?

Answer: Honestly it depends on what I’m doing. I do not mind working with people but I usually prefer to work by myself because most times it allows me to do it faster. Unless it’s a really huge project and I know that I will need help with it or the project is required to have us work in groups. But sadly there is a down side to working in groups. For example, you always get one or two people who do not want to do the work but what to get the grade and credit for it but that’s not fair to the other people in the group who worked twice as hard because those people decided they wanted to do nothing.

Question: do you think your background affects your design?

I believe that my background does affect my designs. I believe this because when my grandfather was still alive he was more a sports fan and an artist, so he decided to take pictures of his favorite sports teams when he went to games, and them draw their logos when he got home. While my mother loves to draw as her number one hobby she desired more to take pictures of the most fun and the most important moments of my life, yet design them in a creative way. So now I take inspiration from both of them my drawing my favorite things along with taking pictures of my friends and family.

mom
my mother’s designs

mom

Question: what are some things you like to design?

Answer: This is a tough question to answer. I actually like to design three things. The first thing I like to draw is characters. For example, a few years ago me and my sister took my nephew to see Marvel live at the Barclays Center so I decided to design us t shirts representing all our favorite characters. My sister had an Iron Man shirt, my nephew had a Thor shirt and I had a Captain America shirt which were all hand made by me. The second thing I like to design is my sneakers. For the past four years I have been drawing my dream sneakers and uploading them to converse.com to make my own sneaker designs. So far I have made five pairs for myself which was really fun. And the final thing is tattoos. So far I have designed two tattoos for my sister and several for other family members. If I do not fulfill my dream as a photographer I would love to become a tattoo artist.

Iron man
My T-shirt design
Elsa
My T-shirt design

2 thoughts on “Project #2 Draft”

1. You were really adorable when you were a baby. You’ve definitely inherited your mom’s genes from becoming a good designer. It’s really nice to have a role model who you truly look up to. Keep up the good work!

2. Andy Warhol is without a doubt an icon, and I also love his work. I think it’s cool that not only do you like to design sneakers, but tattoos as well. What kinds of tattoos do you like to design?