Deciding on a Major

Question: Why did you choose this major (COMD)?

I chose communication design to be the major I wanted to study during my time at city tech because I feel like it caters the best towards what I wanna be afterwards. One of my main goals/passions is towards video games, video making and content creation in general. Whether that be me making YouTube videos myself or streaming a game or even helping my friends make videos that’s what I love to do. And with communication design it can help me develop skills that I would need to take that dream further. But as it pertains more closely to what area within communication design I’d like to pursue,I would have to say either Graphic Design or Game Design would be my 2 choices. Those are 2 things where ever since I was young I was always interested in and it always caught my eye. And through this major I can not only work specifically in those area of design but I can also gain the skills from other areas as well and be a very much well rounded person in the realm of design. Which can really help me while moving forward in life. And I can’t wait to see where this communication design major leads me to.