Becoming A College Student

Transitioning from high school to college was much more smooth than I thought it would be because I am more in control. I’m used to being independent and doing my own thing, so this is almost like a piece of cake. Key word: almost. The breaks that I have between my classes give me time to work on any assignments or just hanging out with friends. It’s all up to me, just the way I like it. My favorite class so far is Art History, probably because I’m an art junkie. The class is engaging, and I’ve already learned so much about what art was like back in the Renaissance days. I’ve also learned about what European society was like as well. As for Math, I know everything already so I don’t find that class difficult at all, not even the homework. I can breeze through it no problem. I can’t say much about Public Speaking because I’ve only had that class twice so far. However, I find it annoying how you have to spend more money FOR A CODE. The only thing that I’m still adjusting to is the whole “Learning Community” experience. I keep to myself/my group of friends most of the time. I’m not used to having to interact with those outside of my social group at all. It’s something I’d much rather not do, but if I get to make a friend out of it then that would be great.