How do we annotate a text?
- highlighter: important words; phrases you can use as evidence; words you don’t understand; main idea or main argument
- notes in the margin: summary; make connections; definitions of words you learned; your opinions/ideas in conversation (or argument!) with the author’s; questions (clarification OR springboard)
- double underline
- squiggly line
- bracket: something you agree with or want to call attention to, etc
- + and – for pros and cons
- circle: words to look up; key terms
- arrows: addendum to margin notes; connect ideas across the page
- notes at the end
What are our ground rules for collaboration?
- clear communication
- ask questions
- make sure everyone understands you
- time management
- be open to different ideas
- roles: work an equal amount, but not all in the same modes
- challenge ourselves
- teamwork: we all bring different strengths together to reach our goals
- be respectful
Look at avatars on the OpenLab.
- what do you think individual members’ avatars represent? groups’ avatars?
- first look at the image, then at the profile