Important aspects of E.N.’s draft:
- working outside of the digital is a departure from usual workflow
- makes an argument about the materials used
- HAS A RATIONALE for the work included in the book
- links to sources
- different topics: everyday objects; uniformity; blackout poetry; digital vs analog/physical/material/tactile
- show what from the outside sources is relevant and how it influenced the work or how it relates to your work
- process, choices–how you ended up making what you made
- what effect did you want this to have? who are you including or excluding? what message did you want them to take away from spending time with your work?
- highlight the 4 pages/spreads you write the didactic panels about–though without repeating exactly what you say in those didactic panels
- artist’s bio: how does this represent your artistic vision, your aesthetic sensibility, how is it a departure?
To do BY THE END OF 12/3:
- post a brainstorm of your catalogue entry
- post your 4 didactic panels
- Use the category ENG 1101 Project #4 and any tags you want