- blackout poetry
- use 2 pages
- in process
- repetitive vs variety
- character design
- use more descriptive words
- use the project to represent your own interests in art/design/writing
- gluing different words on different pages
- gluing pages together
- wouldn’t it be cool to cut out so much of the book that you make a space for something or the word itself
How much does the text matter vs. the visual?
- dictionary entry?
- something else?
- helps the illustration match with the glossary entry word
- let’s workshop the poetry/text aspect
- tell a story
- represent the defined word in a creative way, playful, engaging
- also while still being accurate, informative
Theme, technique, argument:
- uniformity on the page
- random choices vs. planned choiced
- display of range
- find a path in chaos if you choose chaos
What would you want to know more about?
- know more about word origins, etymology
- how different colors affect mood: color theory, psychology of color
- impact of learning new words
- Tom Phillips, A Humument
- Altered books
- other artists and techniques: look at the compiled references
- poetic/writing techniques such as collage poetry, concrete poetry
- words that you put into the search bar
- Google, Wikipedia