Project 3 : Juxtapositions

If you keep walking straight past the family court and the Starbucks, you’ll find the subway station. I took this photo at the ACF station. I noticed on my way there people were buying food at the Nathan food stand and cars were trying to come out of the parking lot. It was noisy because it was a street full of people and the area near the train station was closer to a shopping area so naturally, it’s a busy street. I chose this photo because the back clearly shows a more “modern” or clean building in the middle of much older buildings that have stains on them. It is also the tallest building compared to the small pizzeria shop. The glass reflects much more light compared to the foreground of this image which already gives the building a much more dull look.

“Thousands of people pass that storefront every day, each one haunting the streets of his or her own New York, not one of them seeing the same thing.” The Way We Live Now: 11-11-01; Lost and Found

“One day the city we built will be gone, and when it goes, we go. When the buildings fall, we topple, too.” The Way We Live Now: 11-11-01; Lost and Found