Sound Visualization Mashup: Phase 1

Gggg

Time: 40 min

As I play the song the first sound I hear reminds me of steel drums or steel pans being  played gently, giving off a sort of mellow vibe. It kind of reminds me of the beach during a summer day. Next  you here one single beat , and at the same time a  you can hear what I think Sounds like a high pitched Kazoo echoing in the background and Childish Bambino begins to sing. As Gambino sings, you hear the  Kazoo like sound played a few times  through out the song and and what sounds like Maracas. After 1 minute and 18sec into the song you hear a beat played repeatedly to create a rhythm and all the previous sounds heard at the beginning in being played in the background. All of these sounds are played together as one throughout the whole song.

In my sound representation  drawing, the zig zagged lines with circle or ovals represent the steel drummed like sounds. The zig zag lined kind of follows the rhythm if the steel drums. The sort if squiggly lines that go up than down represents the Kazoo like sound that when played was high pitch but towards the end kind of dropped a little. The circles represent the different beats played throughout the song. And the tiny triangles seen at the top of my sound representation represent the Maracas  played a few times in the song. All of these sound were chosen by the artist to give off the summertime like vibe.

Childish Gambino – Summertime