Urban Artifacts:Phase 1

In places like New York many items can be found lying on the ground. Any and everything can be seen by simply  taking a walk. People may be on there way to work but decide to stop at Wendy’s for breakfast. However the order may be taking too long. As the person rushes to finish the food he drops his napkins,  cup, and throws the bag that it came in into grass.

There are three ambiguous and three stable images. The ambiguous images have things in the background that draw attention to it.  For example, ambiguous image has a shot of the ground and grass in it to distract the viewer from paying attention to the bag only.

2 Replies to “Urban Artifacts:Phase 1”

1. pictures provide good examples of stable and ambiguous figures, i even see some ambiguous images in the background of the stable figures.
    the first two i would say are stable images because there are obvious figures in the photo.

2. I like how the ambiguous figures cause a hint of confuse yet clarity at the same time In the first picture of ambiguous while I agree with it at the same time I can also see it as a stable figure because the paper bag seems to be the first I look at and the main focus of the image. However if you look around the image more it does become ambiguous because one begins to notice the other items/objects within the picture.