Urban Artifacts: Phase 1

These images are all stable because if it were able to become black and white then there would be a clear distinction between all of these photos. These photos took my interest because i felt as if they were perfect examples to include in the project. My first stable image happens to be a leaf In the school floor. My second image Is a receipt also found on the school floor. Lastly, My final image Is an napkin resting in the school floor also.

All these images are perfect examples of ambiguous images because those images can be placed to become something mysterious. Also if it were to become black and white people would try to consider the different meanings. My first image was a black dried up gum that happened to be in the train station. My second image is rocks that I took pictures of when I went to Brooklyn Bridge park. My last image was taken on the pavement in the street.

Story: 

For the first stable image I imagine that the leaf that was on the floor got there because someone had decided to rip out the leaf from a tree and put it in his pocket and forgot about it. After that, I imagine that the person put his hand in their pocket and found that the leaf was still there and they threw it away. In terms of my next two stable images I imagine that a person had to had bought coffee from Starbucks and later on put it in their coat pockets and after digging through their pockets all day long, the receipt and the napkins might have fell off their pockets because they happened to just want to liter.

For my first ambiguous image, I imagine that someone had been chewing gum and the gum lost flavor and the person happened to spit it out on the train tracks but they missed the tracks and the gum ended up staying on the yellow part of the platform. Since its in the train ,the gum is bound to get stepped on by the thousands of people that happen to travel using the MTA, and overall through time the gum ended up losing its color and turned out to be black. My next two images probably got there because nature wanted it to be there. Because I took pictures of rocks and the pavement. Sometimes the pavement could have paint. So yea thats my story.

Hours:

It took me about an Hour or two to work on this part of the project because I took my time trying to imagine the stories I could write for the images that I took. Also I counted the time it took for me to find pictures that I consider ambiguous and stable.