Students from Fall 2015 can pickup their classwork from my office N1127 on the following dates. IMPORTANT: Please let me know if you plan to stop by. If you don’t confirm, I may not be in my office. Friday, March 4th, 11:30-12pm Thursday, March 10th, 12:45-1:45pm. Please contact me to CONFIRM. Hope you are having a wonderful semester! Print this page
A few reminders and follow-ups as we approach the end of the semester:
- The glossary write-up is due. Today. Refresh your memory of the instructions here. As soon as I have them all, I can compile a complete glossary from the semester.
- As you prepare for the final exam, remember to review the notes from our discussion about preparing for and writing this essay exam. Remember also that you can ask questions/answer questions/make comments in the comments section.
- I posted instructions for the Project #4 cover letter. Please write this post so I can take your ideas into account as I re-read your work.
- Many of the Project #3 posts did not have Works Cited lists–without them I can only assume that you either didn’t do any research, or that you used sources without giving them proper credit. If you add your Works Cited lists, I can take that into account as I finalize the grades for Project #3.
- If we had discussed your plans to revise one or more of your projects this semester, would you remind me by sending me the link to the revised version? I have several, but before I return them on Monday, I would like to have everyone’s accounted for and graded.
- I’m really excited to see your finished altered-book projects. Remember that we’ll take lots of pictures of them and of you with them on Monday in COMD 1100.
- If you would like additional feedback on any of your work, we can schedule a meeting.
- Good luck with all of your work! You can do it!
Student Research Poster Session
COMD 1100 Field Trip Ideas (Free)
Hello guys, below is a list of places in NYC that offer FREE admission. If there is one that catches your attention, please leave the suggestion under Ayano’s original post.
African Burial Ground Memorial Site
Leslie–Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art
Museum of Biblical Art
The Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology
National Museum of the American Indian
The New York Public Library Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
New York Transit Museum Annex & Store, Grand Central Terminal
Queens County Farm Museum
Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden (grounds and botanical garden only)
Socrates Sculpture Park
Soldiers and Sailors Monument
Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace
Field Trip Suggestions for COMD1100
Please comment on where you would like to go for a field trip.
-Museum (Lets stay with art)
>Below is possible museum that I searched, and thought it looked cool for us to go. Please check it out~! (Each individual building are very unique and all of them are in NYC)
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Museum of American Illustration
- Museum of Arts & Design
- The Frick Collection
- Museum of Television and Radio Paley Center for Media
- Whitney Museum of American Art
- New Museum
- International center of photography
- National Academy of Design
- American Folk Art Museum
Notice: COMD Midterm Grades
Your midterm grade is now available via the “Check Your Grade” page. The midterm grade indicates how well you are doing in the course at this point. P = Passing work (D or above) BL = Borderline U = Unsatisfactory (Failing) If you received a BL or U grade, you have not turned in your […]
COMD 1100 Notice
Scans and Slices are ready!
- If you completed your inked mashup on time, I’ve scanned and sliced your images for you. You’re welcome! 🙂
- Find your hi-res and sliced images for animation in this Dropbox folder. Select your name and click Download > Download as zip.
- If you didn’t finish your inked mashup on time, please scan and slice your image using the guidelines found in Class 10.
- Creating animations takes time. Please don’t wait until Tuesday night to start.
- If you need help contact me!
Notice: COMD 1100 Mon 9/28 class cancelled
Sorry for the late notice. I’m sick and won’t be able to make it in for class. We will critique your Humument work and start Project #2 on Wednesday. See you then. Print this page
COMD1100 Homework Reminder
Homework for COMD1100 is always found at the bottom of the previous class outline.
For Wednesday’s class:
- Become a member of our OpenLab course:
- Create an account and/or sign in.
NOTE: You need be able to access your City Tech email before signing up for OpenLab.Check this page for instructions for City Tech email access or contact HelpDesk (718-260-5610).
- Join our OpenLab Course: Ways of Seeing
- Create an account and/or sign in.
- Explore the class website: profspevack.com/designcolor
Materials needed for WEDNESDAY’S CLASS:
- the 3+ artifacts you found on our walk (or new ones if your prefer)
- used/found book (this can be any book of your choosing!)
- sketch book for COMD1100 only (9″x12″ or similar)
- Pad of Bristol board (9”x12” 2-ply smooth plate finish)
- roll of tracing paper (18″ wide)
- graphite pencils (Venus or similar 6B, 2B, HB, 2H, 4H)
- pencil sharpener (basic metal)
- eraser (magic rub, mars, gum or similar)
- inking pens (.02, .05, and brush – Pigma Micron)
- 18″ ruler/T-square
- small box or travel container for your supplies (reuse/find)
- portfolio to transport your work (larger than 14″x17″)
- 1 roll drafting or removable tape
** Note: if you are unable to afford these items due to financial aid delays, please make arrangements with a classmate to borrow or share supplies next class.
Welcome to Ways of Seeing. This First Year Learning Community for COMD students taking COMD 1100 & ENG 1101 will include field trips, hands-on projects, and cross-sensory experiences to help you discover and express your creative vision.