Project #1 Introduction (Final)

Ayano Morishima was born in Japan and moved to the United States when she was just a 10 years old. Knowing English from her Saturday school in Japan, that opportunity made useful in her life when she moved to the U.S. Since English is her second language, she had to take ESL. It took her about 5 years of special class to pass, because she needed English language for her future. She graduated from the high school, The Global Learning Collaborative (GLC) in the year of 2015. She had no connection in any of the art department other than the ceramics during her high school year. She is now 19 years old and going to college to learn more about art and to be able to move one step closer in life towards her dream.

My passions lie in anime, because it’s what I grew up with. When I was little, my daily Sunday morning was anime day. I remember that the anime was for kids, like Sailor Moon, Ojamajo, Doraemon, Pokemon etc. As I grew up, the variety of anime or should I say genre of anime expanded. The expansion made me watch more teen type of anime such as Black Butler, Fairy Tail, Gintama, Attack on Titan etc. Because of this, it came into my mind that what if I can be able to draw like that and create my own anime which eventually be on T.V.? I eventually started drawing anime as I copied off others and was be able to work from there to make my own. I also like anime because it is almost a fantasy that will never come true in life. Sure, there are shows that turned to live actions. However it’s different because of anime, they could create something beyond. Many of my friends insist on me becoming an manga artist, however I declined. There are two reasons, first I cannot draw the same character and second living as a manga artist is a hard in financial terms. First problem can be solved, if I keep working on my drawing skills, however I cannot go through life which takes a lot of time selling manga and receiving money off of it. Instead, I want work as a character designer by hand and digitally. I’m usually aesthetic about my art work, because I get frustrated when final drawing looks horrible than the one I imaged in my head.Also, when head is too big for the body, etc. I am more into modern style of anime drawings, because old characters are drawn in a simple structure. Such as long face and big shiny eyes. I like to draw more complex and detailed characters which most people are more interested.

Usually I draw most of the time with a single pencil, but I hope I learn how to use various range of pencils. So that I could expand my drawing skills. Recently I am into digital drawing on a tablet. I find digital drawing interesting because there were techniques that I was able to do digitally and not by hand. (*Do not read the profile, it contains the wrong information. But you can check my drawing at: Here)

Avatar:

The avatar that I chose was a character from the BGM that I recently found on YouTube. (If interested, the music is from this link: Here) I fell in love with it, because of the catchy lyrics and the awesome beat grabbed my heart instantly. After that started to go to its official website where I encountered with the avatar. Before knowing it, the character itself matches my personality and the features. As I looked closely, his sharp eyes and angry eyebrows shows a powerful and smart mentally. However his one hand is covered over his chest, this action makes the connection that I also have the weak side and doesn’t always acts strong. We both have a same length of hair, however the difference of the avatar is that I don’t have a white hair and my gender is a girl.

My avatar can mislead people into thinking that I am mean or cold to people, because of the facial expression. Also, the characters that are written in the paper might mislead people that it is in Chinese characters rather than Japanese. Many people say that they are the same, however they are not. In history that these characters came from China. However, when it came across to Japan those characters changed a little to a simple character which people could understand more. In addition where the characters looks more girl like than the guy.

My profile conveys that I am a hard worker, and an amazing person who has a passion for anime. My imagination can go beyond the world, and always have a creative story that I can just make a book about it. Hoping that my creative imagination will become real in animation and my creativity would be acknowledge. This profile matters to me because this is who I am and always will be. After 10 or 20 years, I would still be interested in anime and have a creative mindset. If I changed, it will most likely be that I’ve become a boring person who only thinks about reality. Its good to have a time to be in your own world.

My Avatar
My Avatar

1 thought on “Project #1 Introduction (Final)”