Project #1

I’ve been doing art for as long as I can remember, it’s one of the only things I’m truly confident in myself with and that I thoroughly enjoy. I see myself somewhere among the ranks in the gaming industry in 5 years, specifically in story boarding and character design. I really hope to be in a field that has to do with the study of the cosmos, space is a secondary but strong passion of mine. My art style is rooted in horror and sci-fi/fantasy. I get so caught up in detail that I lose myself in it, and that is what I believe my design aesthetic is.

My avatar, being a goat’s face, describes me pretty well. Throughout all of high school and even middle school, my friends would say I resembled one – that it was my spirit animal – and I agreed with them. They’re my favorite animal. I eat everything in sight and my beard is usually atrocious enough to resemble one. As for my header image, it a photograph of our Earth, as taken from the International Space Station. I chose this image because space is what I believe makes me, me. Without it, I wouldn’t have thought of any of my creatures, any of my drawings or sketches. My wonder would have been limited to imagination and everything known to me about this world we live on. I chose it because it represented the endless possibilities around us.

When others look at my profile, their thoughts might be geared toward a different direction. My avatar might be perceived as myself being someone who is evil to some cultures and religions, or that I’m hairy and gross. As for my header image, someone might have said that I’m spaced out all the time. Even that I have aspirations of being an astronaut, or that I’m just insinuating that I’m zoned out all the time.

My ePortfolio will consist of everything I believe is a display of myself progressing towards my goals. It will show my growth as an artist and as a human being, able to expand and contribute to others as well as myself. This is important because without it, I’d have nothing to show for when the time came to, if indeed the time came. Whether its for a job interview that wants to research my work, review my artistic career and progress, or to prove myself as a viable and legitimate artist in this world.