Vocabulary Words

Goblet

Infanticide

Inharmonious

Jarred

Malice

Obstinate

Palsied

Pauper

Pulsating

Ravages

Regalia

Silhouette

Serpentine

Sullen

Vacant

My Reflection

The glossary assignment has affected my reading process in a tremendous way. I found myself always stopping to look up words whenever I am unfamiliar with the word. There were times I would just pass over the word without looking up the definition. When I usually come across a word I don’t know, I would first look for context clues to see if I can get an idea of what the word might mean. This allows me to use logical thinking. Another thing I have noticed is that when I discover a new word, I try or sometimes catch myself using it in my vocabulary. Sometimes I may not know how to word it correctly in a sentence, but I noticed I am able to think of the word when it comes to using it in a situation such as my papers.  The glossary that was written every week between myself and the other students was very helpful. There were plenty of times I did not know a word another student did not know and I was able to learn the meaning from them. This also allowed me to look up classmates words that I did not know in order for us as a class to learn new word because I did not want to re-post the same exact word as them. In addition, there could have been times there were words we may have miss while reading another classmate might not know, and we were able to check the glossary as a guide. Overall, I feel this was a great tool we used online to build our vocabulary.