Cover Letter For Project 2

In completing this project there were a few challenges. In Part 1, I found it difficult to decide which scene to base my essay on. Not that it was difficult finding one, but it was difficult choosing one. There were multiple scenes that I believed were significant in the book. In this project I am mostly proud of the creative work from Part 2. Deciding another way to portray that scene was another difficulty. I originally wanted to create a poem and create concrete poetry with it, but it was challenging to get the lines of the poem in a meaningful shape. This was when I decided to just use a passage from the story in a concrete poetry shape.  This was an interesting way to take the gloomy scene of Sethe killing her child and putting it into another medium. A new skill that I have required in completing this project was the use of concrete poetry. Before this assignment, I had never heard of this technique. I felt that it was an interesting and powerful way to display text. Another skill is incorporating a quote into an essay using the five step method. I am truly pleased that Professor Rosen has introduced this to us. This method was a really great way to not only help the reader of my essay understand the quote, but helped me perceive it in a better way also. This was an interesting project, especially the creative part, which I enjoyed completing.