I found “The Metamorphosis” by Franz Kafka to be very interesting and easy to attain a firm grasp on the sense of the scenery and story line because of the simplicity of the wording in this story. This experience was a nightmare for Gregor which is the sense that the narrator was trying to give readers because of the use of the word “kafkaesque” which basically describes a nightmarish situation which most people can somehow relate to, although strongly surreal. I deduced this meaning from the sense of a nightmarish encounter that Gregor is having based on the way that the narrator is describing his experience, (Page 2, Para 2) “he threw himself onto his right, he always rolled back to where he was.” (Page 3, Para3) “all these little legs continuously moving in different directions and which he was moreover unable to control.” This can only be describing a nightmare in my opinion. It helps to read this story metaphorically because this story was not meant to be viewed in a literal sense. It helps to keep an open mind and look for the deeper meanings in fiction writings. The meaning of “metaphorically” is a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance or something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else; emblem; symbol.