A Second Chance: Blog revisions and corrections

2225474177_6b02f3f98a_o

As you know, blog posts and comments are an important component of our course and, as you would expect, of the course grade. Each week, there are three main contributions you should make to our course site:

1. Discussion: contribute to our weekly discussion by commenting on the discussion post I have written. You can find that post for the week at the top of the page (note: this post’s title appears in a black box. When you click on it, you can read the whole post and reply to it or to a comment someone else made on it). If you want, you can also click on Discussion in the top menu bar just below our La Fiction et La Réalité fish to see all of the discussion posts. I have not specified a number, but your work–reading the post and comments, plus writing and responding–should approximate the 75-minute class. This work counts as your attendance for the Monday class session.
  2. One homework assignment while you’re reading: contribute to our course’s glossary by writing one post per week (or more if you choose) in which you find a word that you need to better understand, follow the glossary instructions (also available in the top menu as a drop-down under Assignments), and write a post that has the word as the title of the post, Glossary as the category, tags you find relevant, and all the things in the post it’s supposed to have. By the end of the semester, you will have learned at least 15 words of your own choosing plus others your classmates have glossed for you (4th definition). This is due at any point in the week, but by Tuesday night at the latest.
  3. One homework assignment in which you reflect on the work of the week: You can think about this post and start writing it on your own, but I will wait to see what the discussion has been, what has not been addressed, etc, and write a post with suggested topics on Monday. In this post, you will choose a passage or passages to focus on so that we’re always bringing our discussion back to the text, to the details, and to our analysis of the text. Please follow the blogging guidelines for these posts (also available in the top menu as a drop-down under Assignments). This is due by Tuesday night at the latest.

I would like to offer everyone the chance to revise any post before I grade them. Some things to consider:

• did you join the wrong course? If so, I will not see your posts, no matter how brilliant they are. Please join this site and add your work.
  • did you start a discussion forum rather than writing a blog post? If so, I will not read it as part of your course work. Please follow the instructions for posting and add your work there.
  • did you forget to choose a category, or choose the wrong category? If so, I will not see your work when I’m grading that particular week’s work, and you will not get credit for it.
  • did you comment when you were supposed to post, or post when you were supposed to comment? Please add your work wherever it belongs.
  • did you not follow the instructions for that given post? Revise your work to meet the goals of the assignment.

I realize this is short notice, but I would ask you to have these revisions made by the time you contribute to the discussion on Sunday night. I will review your changes then.

If you have any questions, please ask them by replying to this post, or if it is of a more personal nature, by emailing me.