The Way How I See it!

Venturing through today’s world trying to find my niche, took me a while but sure enough at age  23 I decided, I need to get serious with completing my degree. Working a job, just to make ends meet without any satisfaction can easily feel like, captivity.  But more about me. For one I am eager; I find being the first person to try out something new, sets the pace for anyone else or better yet, others can learn from my mistakes. Next, I believe in physical hard work, hands on; straight skills; talent through learning and experience.  Other the other hand,  I am really stubborn when it comes to reading lengthy irrelevant or without importance text. I find it very hard to fully engage in certain material which at times start dull or with substance.

On a better note, spring 2015 will hopefully be my last semester at New York City College of Technology.  I am currently enrolled in Hospitality and Management with a focus in Culinary.  As a student here at NYCCT, I am trilled to know that my department HMGT ensure that the courses for the program equipped me to face the real world.

To add, as a Culinary student I get hands on training with real live ordering, prepping,  cooking, cleaning, serving, stewardship, reports, feedback,  demonstration, and most of all open table for questions and answer and area of strengths and weaknesses.  As a future back of house staff, I’m truly bless to attain this great experience and I will ensure that I utilize it to the max.

In addition to my culinary experience,  I also had the time to practice and learn safe sanitation for hotels, bar, restaurants,  lounges and nightclubs.  It is tremendous the energy I feel when I walk into a restaurant or a hotel. In my mind I tell myself this is my industry; “what is that worker doing, is he or she following establishment policy by smoking so close to guest rooms”,or “its 9:05 that person is 5 minutes late”. These are the small hints that clearly depicts oneself as a boss; in control and ready for productivity.