Project #2: Squares and Graphic Expression
Using four black squares all the same size, create a graphic image to express the meaning of each of the
following 6 words:
For each word:
– Prepare by cutting squares in groups of 4 or more. Cut groups of 3/4″, 1″, 1 !/4″ , 1 1/2″, 1 3/4″ squares
– Map the groupings in each square on the handout sheet. You must have 6 ideas per word.
– Lay a tracing paper on top (9 x 12) and trace all 6 ideas for the one word onto the tracing paper. Be sure to include the one word you are working with (circle it and trace it).
– Use only 4 square of the same size per frame.
– For the final work, you may have a different size set of 4 squares in each frame.
For each of the words you will have:
6 variations for one word on tracing paper.
You will be selecting and completing the best one to finalize the project on a larger square. (See Page 2
either in sidebar pdf or in handout)