Graphic Design Principles 1
• 11” x 14” Bristol pad (Vellum finish)
• 9” x 12” Bristol pad (Vellum finish)
• 9” x 12” tracing paper pad (Strathmore)
• 3 colored pencils (Prismacolor), select any 3 from: red, blue, green, orange, purple, brown
• 11” x 14” drawing paper (good quality) e.g.
Canson brand; recycled is good
• 12”, 15” or 18” steel ruler Must get a steel ruler
• 30º, 60º, 90º inking triangle; can be smaller*
If you do not get a triangle, get a drafting T-square. (24” long)
• FW ink (acrylic waterproof ink)
ONLY THIS ONE. Do not get Higgins.
• Exacto blades and holder (or several single edged razor blades)
• pencils: 4H, 2H, HB, 3B, Ebony (Note: retractable mechanical pencils will not be alllowed for thumbnails, sketches, or finishes in this class. They are allowed only for note taking.)
• fine tip permanent marker (Sharpie)
• technical width Sharpie (0.5)
• 2 kneaded erasers (brand: prismacolor),
1 Pink Pearl eraser
• small (9” x 12”) cutting board (can be made from a small piece of illustration board and masking tape)
• 1 roll of masking tape
• one #8 round brush plus a size #3 round. (Utrecht #225 series Pure Red Sable); check for a good point before purchasing. (Check dipped in water: ask for the water to test it – not in your mouth!) No synthetics.
• one flat sable brush (DaVinci series
1311 flat #6)
• paper towels
• flat acrylic palette. Available at WC Art for
about $6. Must be FLAT white or clear, at least
8” diameter. Will not be used as disposable in this class.
NO ridges, NO separations, NO cups ON SURFACE of the plate.
• small plastic PAINTING (not palette) knife.
• 2 plastic pint sized containers for water
• glue stick
Winsor Newton Designer gouache colors:
Cadmium yellow or cadmium lemon
Primary Blue AND Ultramarine Blue
Permanent White [larger tube]
(look for the word titanium on the back)
Note: green will be mixed for all color