About Me

My name is Rachel Lucero. I am 18 years of age. I am currently a college freshman student at New York City College of Technology. I have many passions I love to do. They are art, music, photography, and writing. I am a shy, quiet type of person. I try not to be, however I can’t help it. I live with my parents, an older brother, and my pet turtle. I like learning new things because it challenges me whether it’s difficult or not. If it is quite difficult for me, I don’t give up very easily. I keep trying and trying my best efforts until I’m content. I don’t have much knowledge of using computer applications for making designs such as Photoshop, InDesign, and other Adobe applications. The reason is because I am a type of artist who does all sorts of artwork by hand.  My goal for my academic career at this college is to receive even more knowledge of learning many drawing skills and applications usages. I am hoping in the future, I will be able to enable it in a very good use for finding design jobs.

In my first semester at this college, I have taken two design classes. They were Graphic Design Principle I and Publication Media. I thoroughly enjoyed learning in those classes. I even grew a fond of typography using Adobe’s InDesign application. I am currently taking three design classes of Spring 2012 semester. They are Foundation Drawing, Raster and Vector, and Graphic Communication Workshop. Thus far, I am doing extremely well in all of them. They are couple of minor complications I’ve encountered though. However, I was able to find a solution and continue onto finishing my work. As I have mentioned, I don’t give up very easily. I thrive until the end towards completion, and along with a satisfied confident smile on my face.

My future goal and career I would like to fulfill is to go into animation/illustration field of art. It’s my ever-lasting dream to work for any of those big shot animation companies, such as Pixar, Disney, Dream Works, and others. However, I truly want to work for Pixar though. I know I will some day. I just need to keep working hard to my very best efforts and art knowledge/skills to achieve it.