Entry Three : What I do for 3rd Lounge Inc.

The role I do for this company is to come up with ideas and mockups for t-shirt designs. Also, I assist my teammates along with the company’s Visual Problem Solver, Kadeem Davis. As an Illustrator and designer, it is my job to provide open-ended ideas for this company to grow bigger. They had accomplished and succeeded in helping with numerous clients previously, and they wanted to go even further. The company has entrust me to help and provide endless ideas to make their very own merchandise branding. With having merchandise, 3rd Lounge Inc. will hopefully become known, especially on my team’s YouTube Channel.

How I gotten into this company? I had help and recommendation from Kadeem who had noticed my work for quite sometime. He thinks I have potential to help out his team as well as the company. I was arranged for an interview with the CEO, Ryan Wilson, however due to his overwhelming schedule, it never happened. Although, Mr. Wilson approved and loved my portfolio online as well as Kadeem gave him a good few words about me. In the end, Kadeem had already accepted and given me assignments to do on my first day. Mr. Wilson is happy and excited for me to be part of his company under and with Kadeem’s team.

Day after day in a week, I would send t-shirt design ideas back and forth to my teammate, Kadeem for his critique and feedback. Most of them were good while others needed more refining or make another version. As I keep making these t-shirt designs, I began to noticed and realized that I do not visually see my mistakes. I am very used to getting a project done quickly and submit it by the deadline due to my classes. Now that I am doing this job as their intern, I can see every little mistake I make when I illustrate or design something. Because of this, I am becoming more aware of what I am doing. Also, I can feel I am experiencing how it is to be in a design company. It is serious hard work to be doing, however I need this experience in order for me to prepare myself for the real world. I even realized being both an Illustrator and design is a tough job, but I love what I do.

Illustration concepts I have done as well as merchandise placements:

brain.fart_refine1-1

Brain Fart

brain.fart_totebag

Brain Fart on Tote Bag

1.)design.life-1

Life As A Designer Representations: Pencil (top left) – Creating everyday. Person with Arrows (top right) – Changing lives. Thumbs Up (bottom left) – Motivation. Light Bulb (bottom right) – Inspiration.

brain.fart_mug

Brain Fart on Mug

mediation_refine1-1

Mediation

mediation.mug

Mediation on Mug

mediation_iphone6.case

Mediation on iPhone case

mind.tricks-1

Mind Tricks