Visual Quote

When looking for a quote to use I wanted to use something than can evoke sadness and sympathy in the viewer. This quote really hit me for some reason. It reminded me of people hiding their emotions which I have seen and experienced.

Photo Visual Quote

Photo Visual Quote

When looking for a quote to use I wanted to use something than can evoke sadness and sympathy in the viewer. In this picture I wanted to use a gray scale image of a girl who is masking her emotions. I used the font baskerville because it’s a very elegant typeface and the use of serifs bring out the emotions more.

Line/Shape Visual Qhote

Line/Shape Visual Quote

In this composition I wanted something very simple. I used the line to symbolize a persons mouth sadness and happiness; half and half. I used the color red in the text for the symbol of love and inspiration as to not make it as sad as it is. I used green for simple reason that it’s the complementary color to red.

Shape/Line Visual Quote 2

Line/Shape Visual Quote 2

In this composition I went for emotion in type using an elegant font and a distraught font for the words Hide and Lonely because these are more negative words in this context. I mirrored the word smile for a 2 way meaning positive and negative. In this quote smiling is a mask for emotions so I reflected smile to show vulnerability.

Sketches

These are all my sketches for the visual quote.