Pro Tools Room

Iasmel and Daquan wanted to ProTools suite up and running correctly for future projects and they asked me to look into it. The suite consists of ProTools console with automated faders, two screens, a subwoofer, an audio interface and five speakers. This system is hooked up to a computer in a server room a few feet away. I made 5.1 project and test out the speakers. I learned that the best way to test the speakers was to create a mono track add in a test tone, and pan the track to each section of the grid. By doing so, I was able to see that some of the speakers were playing at the wrong time and others weren’t playing at all. I followed the single flow of the audio cables and saw that the cables were in the wrong place or not connected. The cables are supposed to flow from the ProTools audio interface then through a subwoofer, and out to the corresponding speakers. I look at the labeling of each cable and plug them into their corresponding sockets. 5.1 surround sound was up and running.