- Matthew Desmond and Mustafa Emirbayer (2016), Ch. 8 (‘Aesthetics’): ‘The Racialization of Art Worlds’; ‘Cultural Appropriation’; ‘The Sociology of Art, the Art of Sociology’. keywords: antiracist appropriation; cultural appropriation (pp. 308-314); highbrow and lowbrow culture (pp. 305-308); racist appropriation; white gaze, the.
- ‘Why Does the Ethnic Food Aisle Still Exist?’, All of It (15 September 2021)
- Review: Take-Home Essay Final Exam
- Q&A: TBA
- Reading Notes for Next Time
For Next Time
- Genevieve Glatsky, ‘Ballroom Takes Root in Colombia. But Who Is It For?’, New York Times (25 November 2021). As the scene expands, so too have concerns about cultural appropriation and inclusion.