Josef Albers research paper

Josef Albers is a German artist, theorist and designer. Josef Albers make a significant contribution in color theory. Joseph was born in an Germany artisan family, inherited the family tradition craft. In 1915, he married Anne fleischmann. From 1913 to 1920, he studied art in Berlin and Munich, but his most important education occurs is in Weimar, an association of artisans, architects committed to the tents of a combined technology and creative aspects of art. He is American “Abstract Painting” and “OP Art” pioneer.

As a student, he became famous stained glass designer, he created from broken glass debris, he found in the city dump. These “found objects” design, showing his preference for early optics. In 1923, he became a professor and teacher of Bauhaus furniture design, painting, calligraphy. He helped guide the construction of the Bauhaus away from performance art and architecture services. Development at this time, Albers make a significant contribution in industrial design. His job is to build carefully, seriously on. In 1933, Albers and his associates Bauhaus disbanded because of Nazi pressure. He and his wife moved to the United States, where he spent the next sixteen years, served in the New Jersey Black Mountain College art department newly established art designer, experimental school business management.

Also, he found out simultaneous contrast is not just a curious optical phenomenon, repeated experiment with adjacent colors will show that any ground subtracts its own hue from colors which it carries and therefore influences.

I didn’t know about Joseph Albers anything before I did the design journal at other design class, but after I did the research of him, I realize different space can display different kinds of color. Along with the brightness at that space, the color will change with the light. By the way, I learned a lot of new things from his color theory, this would be very useful for my future career and classes.

Resource: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Albersjoseph albers