During this summer a lot has occurred. Staying home for a break was one of them. I wasn’t able to do as much like how we used to before in past summers but I definitely enjoyed taking a break from classes and focus on personal growth and spend time with my family. There wasn’t much thing out there to do that is very exciting due to the pandemic which I personally don’t mind because I would not like to get infected and be the one contaminating someone else.

So, we have read three stories in class so far, and the one that grabbed my attention and I enjoyed the most was “The Black Cat” by Edgar Allan Poe. I enjoyed reading this story, it took various turns and there were unexpected moments that occurred out of nowhere. The narrator used words that changed the reader’s perspective on different occasions when it comes to describing the character’s violent actions, introducing cruel events suddenly like it is something very normal on a daily basis. For example, the time when the character suddenly killed his wife while peacefully walking on the stairs because he was being bothered by the cat and could not control his anger when his wife tried to calm him down.

Overall, the story was a very interesting and dark story that is based on murder and anger. The narrator of this story chose words that capture the reader’s attention and excitement while keeping his narration as “normal” as possible when it comes to talking about the cruelties that occurred throughout the story. To conclude, I found this story very interesting and enjoyable if you like dark scenes, mystery, and sudden cruel moments. It was very detailed in different aspects and it outputted the right mood when it comes to reading it.