Ā “Festival lottery prize”

I took this photo of the ā€œFestival Lottery Prize ā€œbecause I wanted to have a theme about the festival for my photo essay.Ā  The meaning of the photo to me is that this is my proof of experience of winning the prized figure. I tried to use the ā€œRule of Thirds where I had the photo taken where the anime figure is around the edge of the four corners. The background behind this photo is there was a marble lottery where you can pay five dollars for a spin. This photo is how I celebrated at the festival as I managed to win an anime figure as I tried to smile. This will be the first photo to introduce the theme of the festival.

“Festival Mikoshi”

I chose the ā€œFestival Mikoshiā€Ā  since the Mikoshi (portable shrine) was a part of the festivalā€™s Japanese aesthetic. The meaning of the photo to me is that it drew me in with it’s colors of yellow and gold. This would be the second photo, and I will transition to it to describe the festivalā€™s culture. How is it that this shrine with lots of gold colors intertwined with the festival? The meaning of the colors that hit me when I first saw bit during the festival.

“Eating Takoyaki Alone at the Festival”

I choose ā€œEating Takoyaki Alone at the Festivalā€ as I would like to describe the Takoyaki that I ate at the festival. The meaning of the photo to me is the food that I tasted there was during the festival. The focus point of this image is the Takoyaki for I to transition from the festivalā€™s prizes to the Mikoshi, and end it off with the food. This is so I can try to tell a cohesive story with a beginning middle and end with these three photos with the quotes from each Arthur’s we talked about.