Cooking New Dishes

One of the creative or learning methods that helped me during this time was to cook something I hadn’t cooked before. Cooking – the taste of the food is not the most important thing to me, it’s the enjoyment of the cooking process. Recently, I became interested in sichuan cuisine after watching the program “a bite of China”. Mapo tofu is a szechuan dish that I often eat. I tried two sichuan dishes I had never eaten before, spicy chicken and boiled beef (Poached Sliced Beef in Hot Chili Oil). The two main ingredients are dried chilies and sichuan peppercorns. The ingredients are the whole chicken, peppercorns and dried chilies, scallions, salt, chicken essence, cooking wine, cooking oil, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil (I like the smell of sesame oil, so I will add a little sesame oil when cooking). I’m going to use the Hot Pot condiments to cook boiled beef, and I’m going to add bean sprouts, lettuce.  I’m going to cook it with peppercorns, bean paste, soy sauce, and ginger. I think sesame oil is essential because I like the smell and taste of sesame oil. Sprinkle with chili powder and drizzle with hot oil while serving. If you’re interested in these two dishes you can try.

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

Hi Yinghe,
    Great post about cooking new things. I’ll bet that your family is happy with your new learning methods.
    Best,
    Sean