Ericas Problem

Since quarantine started along with this online semester a problem that I have been going through is dealing with getting assignments done in time. Every day I would receive notifications from blackboard with assignments, lectures, and exams. Many of my teachers aren’t being reasonable with due dates and isn’t giving their students time to “breathe”. With that I also have a issue with going to sleep very late causing me to wake up around 12 everyday which makes me late to some lectures.

Another problem I have been going through is that I would get sick easily. I have been experiencing a lot of sneezing and coughing in which I hope is just seasonal allergies. But I’m very paranoid that I’ll get my parents sick or not know if I’m seriously sick or not. I have been getting a little better. I don’t know if I’m the only one but I have been getting more headaches because I’ve been on my laptop and phone recently. But hopefully after this quarantine ends I’ll have less screen time.

1. Marchella Prado

Hey Erica,
    Same here. These assignments are overwhelming. Notifications back to back about them. My sister and I would laugh every-time we heard my outlook email notification because we already knew what the notification was about. I haven’t been handing anything in late, but when you get an assignment and see when it’s due it kind of gets to you because it’s not like you only have one class to worry about, everyone has other classes as well and sometimes some people tend to have more than others so it’s hard. I remember thinking online classes were easier and more flexible but turns out not really because you still have the same stress when classes were in person. I guess it depends. Some classes I feel are tolerable online and some you just need that in face interaction in order to get that learning experience. Feels like we’re not learning at all or we’re just teaching ourselves ever since this happened. Then again, that’s how I felt also with classes being in person. Now a days it’s more about passing instead of learning. In my opinion, to others maybe not. I remember feeling that way, and then one day saw a post like that on instagram so that right there showed I wasn’t the only one.

I also feel you when it comes to the headaches, being on my phone 24/7 has caused my eyes to hurt a lot and then because of that headaches would occur. It’s almost the end of the semester so we just have to hang in there a little longer. Good-luck, hopefully everything turns out good for you when the semester ends.

2. Professor Sean Scanlan

Hi Erica,

Thanks for sharing about your screen/school issues. I do hope that things get back to normal soon. I get those screen headaches too.
    Best,
    Sean